Groupama AM is reaffirming its commitment to sustainable finance in response to the new Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR)
With the entry into force of the French Financial Markets Authority's policy on sustainable finance and of the European Union's Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) , Groupama Asset Management wishes to reaffirm its commitment and positioning as a pioneer of sustainable finance.
With the entry into force of the French Financial Markets Authority’s policy on sustainable finance and of the European Union’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR), Groupama Asset Management wishes to reaffirm its commitment and positioning as a pioneer of sustainable finance.
The SFDR requires financial market participants to provide additional transparency concerning sustainable finance products. It defines two categories of products that take into account ESG criteria:
- Products that promote environmental and/or social characteristics (“article 8” products).
- Products that have sustainable investment as their objective (“article 9” products). In this category, we have chosen to keep only the funds that have a strict sustainability objective that is defined from the outset in the management process. Consequently, this category groups together our funds that are invested to a significant extent in green bonds.
Moreover, all our “article 8” and “article 9” open-end funds comply with the requirements of the Policy of the French Financial Markets Authority (AMF). So, all our SFDR article 8 and 9 products attach major importance to ESG criteria.
“Significantly engaging approaches” as defined in the AMF policy
SFDR Article 9
- G Fund Global Green Bonds (Label GreenFin)
- Groupama Etat Euro ISR (Label ISR)
SFDR Article 8
- G Fund Equity Conviction ISR (Label ISR)
- G Fund Crédit Euro ISR (Label ISR)
- G Fund Future For Generation (Label ISR)
- Groupama Convertibles (Label ISR)
- G Fund New Deal Europe (Label France Relance)
- Groupama France Stock (ongoing certification process)
- Groupama Epargne Retraite Dynamique (ongoing certification process)
- Groupama Epargne Responsable Perspective Dynamique (ongoing certification process)
- Groupama Epargne Retraite Prudent
- Groupama Epargne Responsable Perspective Prudent
- Groupama Epargne Retraite Equilibre
- Groupama Epargne Responsable Perspective Equilibre
The SFDR regulation introduces the concept of “sustainability risks“. A sustainability risk is defined as “an environmental, social or governance event or condition that, if it occurs, could cause a negative material impact on the value of the investment“. At Groupama AM, these risks are declared in the list of Major ESG Risks, established in 2014, and in the Coal Policy, established in 2019. These risks were already monitored by Groupama AM via a specifically dedicated committee, the Sustainability Risk Committee, chaired by the company’s Risk Management Director.
For more information on the application of the SFDR Regulation, please see here our General Policy
1 AMF Position – Recommendation / DOC-2020-03: Information to be provided by collective investment schemes incorporating non-financial approaches
2 SFDR Regulation (EU) 2019/2088
 AMF Position – Recommendation / DOC-2020-03: Information to be provided by collective investment schemes incorporating non-financial approaches
 SFDR Regulation (EU) 2019/2088
This document is for information purposes only.
Groupama Asset Management and its subsidiaries are not liable for any modification, distortion or forgery of this document. Any unauthorized modification, use or distribution of all or part of this document, by whatsoever means, is prohibited.
The information contained in this publication is based on sources that we consider to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy completeness, validity or relevance.
This document was drawn up on the basis of information, projections, estimates, forecasts and hypotheses that involve a degree of subjective judgement. The analyses and conclusions express an independent opinion formed on the basis of publicly available information on a specific date and by applying a methodology specific to Groupama AM. In view of the subjective and indicative nature of these analyses, they cannot be construed to constitute a legally binding commitment or guarantee by Groupama AM or as personal financial advice.
This non-contractual document does not, under any circumstances, constitute a recommendation, request for offers, an offer to buy or sell or an arbitrage offer, and may in no case be interpreted as such.